Monday 2 May 2016

URBAN FUDGE Hair Products


Urban Fudge is GOOD for your hair


I was sent 5 products for review

Urban Fudge is a haircare line that personifies the "cool"; rock chic" sector of the haircare industry. Besides your basic shampoos, gels, sprays and waxes, they also carry a very cool line of hair colouring products which I will be testing next.

You can purchase Fudge from Professional salons; Coles, Woolworths, Priceline, Haircare Warehouse; Price Attack and Just Cuts.

The five products I received are:
  • Big Hair OOMF Shampoo and Conditioner (retails for $19.95 each)
  • The Urban Sea Salt Spray (retails for $11.99)
  • Urban 24 Hr Coconut Rush Power Gel (retails for $13.99)
  • The Rocker Wax (retails for $9.99) 

So the prices are quite affordable.


Big Bold OOMF Shampoo
This shampoo (and conditioner) promises full body bouncy hair that detangles and smooths as well.

It smells like a bit like orange cotton candy and has a fairly liquidy consistency. It lathered up well and I used about a handful because I have very long hair (it touches my bum). It rinsed out fairly well.

It is paraben free and the active ingredient is Bamboo extract which I though interesting because I didn't think bamboos would give good hair.

Big Bold OOMF Conditioner


NOW I really like the conditioner. My hair really gets tangled and this smoothed it right out. 

It has a faint coconut scent that is not unpleasant. It's rich and creamy.

When I was my hair, I have to comb out the tangles while using conditioner and this was so much more of an easier experience than using my usual one (John Frieda Frizz Ease Repairing Conditioner).

Urban Sea Salt Spray

Urban Sea Salt Spray


I don't know why but I like the nozzle (I'm weird I know).

This too has a coconut scent. The amount per spray is fine. It doesn't gush but its not a mist like spray.

I like it. It makes me smell all beachy. The way I like to use it is to mess up my hair a bit by rubbing my fingers through, giving a good spray all over. I let it dry, then scrunch it up and also do finger curls by twisting some strands around my fingers.

It's a good look.


Urban 24 Hr Coconut Rush Power Gel 
This gel has a semi-liquidy texture which I like. It's not sticky on the fingers at all.

It's very easy to work through the hair. It also has a faint coconut scent which fades to a slightly chemical scent. Not unpleasant. You can use it on wet or dry hair.

My husband quite liked it as it did not give him "crusty" or "shiny" hair, just natural looking hair that stays where you want it. 

I used it when I curled my hair with a curling iron and it worked very well. The curls were soft and bouncy and held up for most of the night.

Best thing about it? It washed out easily.


Urban Rocker Wax


If you use this product you're supposed to look as cool as this man. :P

-------------------

I thought this was the cutest product of the lot. It actually feels quite heavy for such a little thing!

It's a paste that allows you to rework your hair do your hair does stay flexible and not like a "Marge Simpson" stiff as look. It's not a wax and definitely doesn't feel like a wax, it feels a bit like a thinner version of modelling wax. 

Once you work it through your hair, it does not feel "funny", it's not heavy on the hair. I used it more for keeping wispy hair in place or if I want to do a side part that stays in shape.

I've also combed through a small amount when I've wanted to braid my hair. 


Looks like Coconut Butter

Smells a bit like coconut butter too! My husband liked it too!


Cool detail - that fingerprint reminds me of iPhone's security pass

To open it, you have to press down on the thumb print with one hand holding the bottom and the lid will pop open, so you can open the lid with your other hand.

I don't know why but I thought this was a really funky design feature.


Instructions on the back


I quite like this product. Generally, I avoid waxes and gels but I felt this one was the nicest styling product of the lot, the second was the sea spray.

--------------------------

Final Thoughts: Pretty good for the price. Smells good. Does what it's supposed to. The design may not apply to everyone but we, my husband and I like it!


Yours Truly and with Lots of Love, 

TeaCupofMakeup (& the Man)











1 comment:

  1. These products look fabulous. I just love your photos. xoxo http://divadesle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete