Saturday 7 May 2016

Avon Nutra Effects Skin Care for Sensitive Skin

Part of the Avon Nutra Effects Skin Care Line

AVON has released a more "organic" line of skin care for sensitive skin called "Nutra Effects". 

The price range is very reasonable (as it always is for AVON) almost nothing more than A$15, which is pretty rare on the market.

I've tested these for two weeks and I can say, they do what they say they do. They were comfortable on the skin. The scent was mild and pleasant. Overall, I did enjoy this skin care line. I normally use skin care products from Chanel, SKII, Bioderma, La Roche-Posay or Shiseido. Though, these don't quite reach the aesthetics and luxuriousness of those brands, I still think these are pretty good.

I didn't experience any irritation or abnormal breakouts.

As it is formulated for sensitive skin, I can't see why teenagers can't use it. The price point would suit them quite well.


Balancing Day Cream with SPF15 - $15

This is a light cream. It absorbed into the skin fairly quickly. It is a balancing cream, so it helps to regulate oil as well as dryness. It contains chia seeds and mineral mattifying powders to help keep the skin shine free.



Neat little tub

The tub is made of plastic, made to look like glass. It has quite a nice look to it. 


A whole list of properties



Balancing Day Gel - $15

This one was one of my favourites. I prefer gels for some reason. Like the balancing cream, it has the same properties and is oil-free. The formula is very light.


Texture of the Gel

As you can see, it is almost like a milky lotion. This absorbed into the skin almost instantly. 

List of properties for the gel

I do agree it is quite refreshing. I think I would keep this in the fridge during Summer. It has a very light pleasant scent.


Mattifying Toner - $10

The mattifying toner has tiny powder particles in it. It is the mineral powders that do the mattifying, so you have to shake the bottle well. It then turns into a milky like colour. It's quite similar to the Chanel one and other mattifying toners.

I wouldn't say that this kept my skin matte for long. Maybe an hour or two. I do like the toner aspect, it did clean off residual dirt left. 


Bit more of a close up

Self Foaming Cleanser $10

This is a soap-free face wash. I like self foaming cleansers, quite handy if you're not using a Clarisonic like when you're travelling. They say that the little bubbles penetrate the skin better. That's the idea behind the asian soap nets that help foam up your cleanser. 

My skin did not feel tight after washing but it did not remove all of my makeup (definitely not mascara or eyeliner). You definitely need to use a normal toner (not the mattifying one) or a micellar water to remove the remnants. 


Hydration Day Cream SPF 15 - $15


This cream is infused chia seeds which are supposed to be able to hold 12x their weight in water. It has SPF 15. No unpleasant scents here.

It absorbed as quickly as the the Balancing Cream. It felt comfortable on the skin (I hate that sticky feeling). I think I will give this to my mum, as the Balancing one suits me more.




--------------------------

Final Thoughts: Cheap and good. A good starter for the budget conscious. 

It works with no fuss or frills. 


Yours Truly and with Lots of Love, 

TeaCupofMakeup 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing about Avon Nutra Effects Skin Care for Sensitive Skin that i also always used Organic skin Care products fro my skin by Mbotanicals and i want to know that can i have i this product in UK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the appearance of the first wrinkle and fine line happens, she will begin to search for a good quality skincare philosophy that works for her skin type. Useful site

    ReplyDelete